As we enter the holiday season and close out 2016, I have so much to be thankful for. So I wanted to take a second and count my blessings and share them with you!
- My beautiful and happy family! My wife Nicole, is my rock and my life support. Not only does she steer me away from the craziest impulsive ideas, but she also talks me off the ledge when I find myself immersed in negative self talk. Since our son came into the world in April, she has been fanatical in her pursuit of fitness and being the example for all the moms and moms-to-be in the gym. I admire her for her ability to manage her own goals, as well as be an awesome mom while holding down a full time job. I am thankful to call Wonder Woman my wife and best friend!
- The community that is my gym, CrossFit PHX. From the coaches to the members and athletes, inspiration, motivation, and consistency abounds. The standard set by these people is unlike anything I’ve ever seen. Their commitment to fitness, their self-accountability towards each other, and the relationships that have been cultivated as a result impress me each and every day. Watching each and everyone of them make strides not only in fitness, but their personal lives as well, is something to be celebrated. Their progress continues to motivate me to be better. I am blessed to learn as much, if not more, from this fine cast of characters as I could ever teach them!
- The Feed Me Fuel Me podcast. What started as a passion project, to simply see where it could go, has caught fire and has really taken a life of its own. The guests that we have on the show are the most enlightened minds I have ever encountered. There is what we bring these beautiful minds on to discuss, and then there is what end up REALLY talking about. That’s where the fruit is. My cohost, Jeff, and I are extremely blessed to be in the company of greatness, however brief, to shed some light on the staples of success and celebrate the journey each of our guests has embarked upon. I am blessed to have found a medium that further enriches the lives of a world-wide audience, as well as the immediate impact Feed Me Fuel Me has on our community as well.
- My fitness. As banged up as my body has become through the years, the constant has always been fitness. Being in shape has allowed me to stay forever young. My fitness is 100% facilitated by community. Without my wife, my training partners, and my CrossFit PHX Family, I am could only try to be half the athlete I am. The accountability and consistency of training and performance is contagious. I am blessed to have such a solid crew around to push me, hold me accountable, and together pursue greatness!
- My struggles. I would not be who I am. I would not be wear I am. Nor would I appreciate any of it, had it not been for all that I have had to go through. This, I am most thankful for because I truly understand people’s value, and most importantly, I understand my own. Through the experience of coaching, masterminding, and the deep conversations we’ve had on the podcast, I appreciate the journey more than ever before. I am blessed to have experienced the let-downs, the nay-sayers, as well as the people that have been inspiring and inspired along the way.
2016 has been a challenging year, with many blessings in disguise as challenges and hurdles to be overcome. All of which have prepared me for what is to come in 2017. So here is to the next level. Here is to the next year. Here is to the many challenges, that will be blessings inevitably, to come along this journey called life. It is with love and intention that I hope you are as blessed as I have been this past year, in 2017. I challenge you to pursue a better version of who you already are in the coming year. It is indeed the journey that makes us who we are when we finally arrive at our destination.